OK I know most of you guys watch TLC or
DIY or
HGTV. So we all know about those home make over shows. Well....Mark and I lived it. Mark's parent's neighbor is a
re-designer and she got a chance to get some free advertisement through one of the local news stations. So she needed a living room and Mark's mom suggested ours. I have to admit that I was insulted at first. I didn't think my living room needed anything, I thought I did a great job with the things we had. But after looking at our bare wall and the
emptiness of our room, and remembering how many times I have said our house doesn't seem cozy, I thought hey it's free and it could be fun to see what someone else would do. It wasn't an easy experience. I had to leave my house for 2 hours in the middle of the girls nap time, so she could practice on our room before the camera's were rolling. Then I was insulted again by a few comments made on my kitchen and
refrigerator. BUT IT WAS WORTH IT!!!! I love our new living room! However I wouldn't want to pay someone to do what she did but I love it for free! Here is the News Clip showing our house and our
interviews. There was a couple of promo shots that aren't included with more of Mark but they did a nice job on the segment. And it was fun to see how a live news
broadcast works.
http://cbs13.com/local/local_story_051003915.htmlBefore
2 comments :
It was fun to see you guys on the video. Great room too!
I love it!!! Your walls look great but not to much. I wonder if she can do my HOUSE?
Post a Comment