We planted out garden this last week. It has been beautiful weather so we have been enjoying a lot of out door activity. Days before plating our garden this was all Leandra could talk about.
Leandra: I want to plant our strawberries.
Me: We still need to get the ground ready first.
Leandra: OK
Next day
Leandra: Can we plant our strawberries?
Leandra: Can we plant our strawberries?
Me: Sorry not today. We have Dance and the Library today.
Leandra: But I want to.
Next day
Leandra: Today mommy? Are we going to plant them?
Me: Yes! Today!
Leandra: Right now?
Me: No after breakfast.
We eat and then go out side to plant.
Leandra hands me the first strawberry to go in the hole I made.
Then I ask her to get me another strawberry plant and this is her reply:
Leandra: I don't want to mommy! I am getting dirty! Planting Strawberries is too dirty.
Me: Yes Leandra when you plant a garden you get dirty but you just wash off after you are done.
Leandra: Well I don't like it you just do it. I will play with my soccer ball!
So I planted the garden alone. In our garden we have strawberries, bell peppers, onions, jalapenos, cilantro, yellow squash and zucchini squash. I hope they make it! Since I am a plant murder!


Here are the Girls in their new play house!



2 comments :
Good luck with the garden, I always kill the plants before they can produce anything. My intentions are good in the begining, then I forget to water. Miss you guys, we will see you in a few weeks it is on my calander
Will you please come plant a garden in my backyard? And then call me daily to remind me to water it?
:)
Post a Comment