Wednesday, August 22, 2007

A Big Day With A Sad Ending

Leandra started Preschool on Tuesday. She had been looking forward to this day every since Mark spent the night at her school to get her en-rolled. She had her aunt Mallory paint her nails, hands and feet. We spent all Monday getting her backpack ready, finding thing to put in the about me bag given to us at open house, and we laid out her clothes. She woke up very giggly on Tuesday and was very quick at getting ready. The moment we walked in to the classroom it was like I disappeared. ( to my heart break). We took some pictures and I forced her to kiss me goodbye. They had a big kitchen so she wasn't interested in doing anything else.

When I went to pick her up I brought along what I would like to be my traditional 1st day of school snack. A chocolate bar, every girls dream. We got into the car and she tore into the bar enjoying every bite. We headed for Mark's mom's for a swim (102 yesterday) On the way Leandra complained that her tummy hurt and I thought it was because she wolfed down the Hershey bar. While we were at her Grandma's she continued to complain about her tummy hurting. As rest time approached we pack things up and headed home. We drove about 2 mile down the road and Leandra says she has to throw up. So I told her I'd pull over, well I didn't make it soon enough. The car was covered in bologna and chocolate. Yummy! Leandra is feeling better now but isn't so excited about school anymore she thinks that is what made her sick. And now my tummy is hurting. I guess I'm next.

3 comments :

Anonymous said...

Oh no...Did she bounce back?

adriene said...

Leandra went back to school today and is doing much better. She came back very excited about what they did today so yeah I think she bounced back. :)

Eric and Julie Georgia said...

I remember the day Leandra was born, she can't be starting preschool already! My baby starts Kindergarten in 2 weeks. I hope she doesn't get sick. Miss you guys.

Us

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Leandra

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Jesslyn

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers