Today Leandra unbuckled herself as I turned off the car in the Garage. When I opened her car door she says, "I can get out by myself and I can shut my own door." I replied, "That's great Leandra you are getting so big" I walk over to the other side of the car and start getting Jesslyn out. Leandra gets out of the car, shuts the door, comes around to Jesslyn's side, taps me on the leg and said "I am 4 now I don't need you, but you can still love me." I was a little taken back. My heart stung just a little. So I said "Thank you for letting me love you." And then I whispered to Jesslyn that she was never allowed to turn 4.
Later this afternoon Leandra came to me with her cup and requested some juice. So I said. "See you do need me. You need me to get you Juice." To which Leandra replied
"Never mind I don't want juice. I'll just get water from my sink in the bathroom." she took back her cup, stepped onto her stool, filled her cup with water and went back to playing babies.
Then as I was putting her down for her nap I said "You need mommy, you need me to read you this book." Leandra said "I know how to read it, I'm just letting you read it to me." I just smiled to myself and said "Oh".
I think 4 will be a very interesting age. I hope I survive.



2 comments :
That was funny!
Too Soon!! Sometimes I feel like my little 4 year old is 4 going on 14, it sounds like Leandra is taking the same route.
Post a Comment