Monday, September 01, 2014

The Teacher Becomes The Student

I had great plans for our first week of school. We were going to sail smoothly into this school year. It's year #4 so I should have it all down. I planned out our schedule and it looked like a beautiful dream on paper. But in real life it was a nightmare. We had a rough few first days. As I kept trying to figure out what was going wrong and why our academic school day was taking soooooo long. Then I was gently reminded by my dear friend that even though I may plan our daily schedule the day doesn't really belong to me it is God's.  Maybe what I thought needed to be done wasn't what He had planned.  Maybe even sometimes the teacher is actually the student. It was a great reminder that I need to yield my day to The Lord. that I need to give my plans to him to use to teach us to depend on him. So with that attitude in mind I look forward to a new week of school where God is the teacher. 

On a side note:  It was such a blessing to see Jesslyn love on her big sister this week.   Leandra was have a particularly hard day. Jesslyn was sad to see her sister struggling and upset. So she wanted to make her sister happy. Jessie and I had a talk about how it isn't her job to make Leandra happy and that Leandra had to choose that for herself. To that Jesslyn said "Well I want her to know that I love her and it will be ok. Can I make her something?" So she made her 2 extra chocolate carmel indoor s'mores. Jessie took the s'mores into Leandra's room and said "I love you, I hope you feel better. "  Leandra then invited her in to share the treat.  

4 comments :

Mallory Hudson said...

Do these chocolate carmel indoor s'mores involve marshmallows too?

adriene said...

Why yes it does. All melted together.

Anonymous said...

I like sisterly love.

Anonymous said...

Good momma too.

Us

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Leandra

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Jesslyn

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers