We started our 4th with a bang! Leandra ran her first race in Run 4 Independence to benefit the Elk Grove Food Bank. It was a 1/4 mile race and despite 2 falls she finished! She did a great job. I was so proud of her for not quiting. And she even said she would do it again.
Larin and I ran the 5k. We had been training for the past month running what we thought was 3 miles but to our dismay the day before the race we discovered it was only 2. I had thought that I hadn't lost my speed and stamina since my high school days of Cross Country, but adding that extra mile in on race day was going to be a challenge. After our discovery our goal became running the entire time keeping a steady pace. We achieved our goal. I came in 239 with a time of 31:08. Larin came in 260 with a time of 31:56. Considering it has been ten years since my last race, I am still happy with my results. But hoping next time will be much better. I had forgotten how much I love over coming the mental and physical challenges of running. It has inspired me to start racing again. 
The rest of our day was full of our traditional festive activities at my Aunt and Uncle's house. It is so fun to be able to take your kids somewhere that you went to when you were their age. It is like you are living it over. I grew up going to my Aunt and Uncles house every 4th. Some of my best memories are from the 4th of July celebrations there. Leandra had a great time playing with her cousin and Larin, Mark and I played some awesome Volleyball. Later we meet up with Mark parents at the park and enjoyed a beautiful fireworks show.
Thank you to all of those who paid the price for my freedom. Thank you to those who are still fighting for freedom today. May the Lord watch over you and protect you. Thank you Jesus for paying the price for my Spiritual Freedom. As a saved believer, I am double blessed to live in a free country and to be free of my debt of sin. I hope I live a life worthy of both those freedoms.



No comments :
Post a Comment